AFORA's Practical Tools
Australian Forest Operations Research Alliance (AFORA) develops practical tools to improve:
- the understanding, management and control of forest operational costs for existing, evolving and new harvest systems;
- the planning and management of value recovery within harvest operations; and
- the application of optimisation to supply chain efficiency planning and management.
- the ALPACA tool allows modelling of single forestry machines or entire harvest systems; and
- the Machine Costs tool is a single machine analysis to evaluate the machine’s hourly cost.